Landholders warned to keep longer watch on hazard levels of their homes after fire alarm went off on Christmas day
It is understood the building engineer and the fire officer have both been dismissed with immediate effect.
Sutherland fire service chief Mike Broughton said the alarm was issued after an early Christmas Eve fire alarm went off at the property where the men live on the Wigan Road.
“It was a bit of a shock,” he said. “All the equipment went down, but then they found themselves on top of a tree and were out of control.
“It started quite quickly and they’re really lucky they didn’t die instantly, and that’s the reason we’re treating this as a tragedy, not as an incident. We’re just trying to get them back home safely.”
Firefighters spent 15 minutes trying to put out the카지노 사이트 blaze – which engulfed the two men’s house, a garage and a garage on their first floor – before it spread to a third-floor unit on the second floor and the remaining side of the property to the rear.
Firefighters say there were no injuries as a result of the blaze.
Residents of the two brothers’ home in west London, west Wigan, can also be heard screaming “help us” as they rushed to the scene.
It is believed the explosion in the building caused the fire alarms to go off at about 5.30pm on December 19.